I have been looking for an Easter skirt or dress for the past week. I have not been able to find anything that I liked or in the right price range. Finally, on Saturday morning, I decided to just buy some material and make a skirt. When I went to the fabric store, my intentions were to buy a couple yards of eyelet material and just sew it together and put in a elastic waist. Then I saw the purple butterfly netting material with scalloped edges. I had already made a under skirt last year that was the same color of purple, so it might work out. At 9:00 pm on Satuday, I was sewing frantically to get it done. It actually turned out really great and I found a white shirt to go with the skirt. I actually did learn something in middle school in the sewing classes, not to mention my own mother, who sews really well. I was so proud of myself.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Handmade Skirt - YIKEESSS!!!
I have been looking for an Easter skirt or dress for the past week. I have not been able to find anything that I liked or in the right price range. Finally, on Saturday morning, I decided to just buy some material and make a skirt. When I went to the fabric store, my intentions were to buy a couple yards of eyelet material and just sew it together and put in a elastic waist. Then I saw the purple butterfly netting material with scalloped edges. I had already made a under skirt last year that was the same color of purple, so it might work out. At 9:00 pm on Satuday, I was sewing frantically to get it done. It actually turned out really great and I found a white shirt to go with the skirt. I actually did learn something in middle school in the sewing classes, not to mention my own mother, who sews really well. I was so proud of myself.
