Monday, November 21, 2011

Riley's 2nd Occasional Paper


Occasional Paper
By: Riley Brown, Per 8.
            There are many things in life that are just annoying or you absolutely hate. I have a lot of those but I would like to focus in on just one. Well my problem is that I’m short.  I’m only 4’ 11”, not even Five foot yet! Even though it’s annoying it still has goods and bads about being short.
            Some of the good things are small hands. I can reach into small cubbyholes or areas where someone else couldn’t. Another Advantage is the ability to move quickly and be agile and flexible. (Not so much as the Flexible) I can run fast but not compared to tall fast runners. I could list a lot of things like being the weight and the Pros and Cons of that I am.
            Some Disadvantages and just annoying parts of being short is the “Judging a book by its cover”. At times I just want to where a shirt that says “Don’t Judge me by my size!” I get called a pup in so many classes and I always have to explain that I’m not a pup. My Choir teacher just found out on Friday that I’m not a pup, after a whole term. I just want it to all stop!
            Well it all comes down to, of coarse, blaming my dad. If any of you have seen my dad, well, he’s tall. He’s actually 6’ 4”. Some of you may ask: why blame him? Well my mom and dad told me stories that my dad got 2 growth spurts. 1 when he was a junior in high school and another when he was 19 on his mission. Well I can only hope that one day that will happen to me too. And no one will ever call me a pup again!