Well, guess what? I cannot believe it, but I am staying a 3rd Transfer here in the Arlington 2nd Ward. That means that I will be here in Arlington 2nd Ward for 18 weeks! I also get to stay with Elder Young another transfer as well. I am so excited to be serving with him again. We are doing well in the work. Although this week, the work hasn't been exciting being transfer week. We have been trying to find someone to teach, but have not succeeded this week. This week was a tough one on both of us. We continue to try to find people to teach, but some weeks are better than others. I feel like I have been living here in Arlington all my life since I have been here so long, but I guess the Lord needs me here to get the work done.
Well, I also wanted to tell you that today we actually had to turn on the Air Conditioner! SOMETHING IS WRONG! I never turn on the A/C in Winter. It is so warm outside it is ridiculous! I can't believe it. I am wearing short sleeves and all.
Yesterday were under a Tornado Watch because of the weather. I was actually a bit scared, but I'm glad I had Elder Young to help me. We didn't have a Tornado at all, but I'm sure it will get worse as the year goes on. We may be watching for more Tornadoes.
My teaching experiences, well, most of the time we teach someone the 1st discussion, which I have gotten really good at teaching. Then the people we are trying to teach usually try to not be home when we come back for the 2nd one. It gets frustrating, but we continue to try to teach them. I always love teaching, but sometimes people get mad at what we tell them, but it's the truth. We are the restored church of Jesus Christ, not the reformed church of Jesus Christ and most people don't like that idea. It's okay though, I know that someone out there is willing to listen to the message we have to share.
One thing I would encourage y'all to do is at the beginning of each month at FHE or sometime at the beginning of the month try to study out of PMG. It is a wonderful tool in the teaching the gospel and it will definitely help you when you need it. I found that out since I have started using it. It has strengthened my testimony of the gospel tremendously and has helped me so many times when I get lost trying to share with someone else my beliefs. There are lots of people that believe what we do, but there are many people who do not, even in Utah.
I have not had the opportunity to talk in Sacrament Meeting, but I have had the opportunity to teach Gospel Essentials many times. I have also helped pass the sacrament many times too.
I don't "have" to teach so many discussions a week, but it is encouraged we teach at least 9 people each week with a member present. It is very, very difficult to reach that number, but it is reachable. I have done it a few times, but sometimes I just can't reach it. You make that goal of 9 and shoot for it. We mostly just knock doors here in Texas, and you don't know what the person on the other side of the door is going to say or do. Most people here in Texas have a No Soliciting sign by or on the door, but here is the thing, we are not soliciting. What we have to share is FREE and most people don't get that. I have been told to get off people's property for telling them that we are not selling anything, they just mostly don't want to talk to us, but that is okay. I know that someone out there is willing to listen.
I can't believe how fast time is flying. I feel like I have only been out for a couple of days, but in reality I have been out for longer. Day's mean nothing to me anymore. They are all the same.
Well, that is all for this week. Look forward to hearing from y'all next week!
Love you tons and tons.
-Elder Brown
