Thursday, August 12, 2010

Elder Brown update

I hope all is going good back home and that everyone is doing well. I have been doing great! Elder Proctor and I had 3 baptisms this past week. Two we had planned for quite a while now and one that just unexpectedly happened. So here is the story behind the 3rd one. Elder Proctor and I were teaching this young girl named Lauren who supposedly hasn't been baptized. At least her family says that, but the church records say otherwise. We think what happened is the Bishop, or whoever puts in the records accidentally put in her information into the system and she was never baptized. It was a long process to get this all figured out, but we did and we got her baptized. She was so happy and so were we. That is our miracle baptism for this week. Cool huh?
Well, other than that, it is WAY HOT! I cannot believe how hot it is. We have been over 100 for the past 20 days, or at least it feels like it. It is so hot, I am melting away, just kidding. I am doing whatever I can to stay cool.
I LOVE getting letters from back home. It brightens my day. It makes me so happy to know everyone back home is doing well and is happy.
Oh, transfers are coming up in one week from yesterday. So, I will be finding out where I will be going, if I am going, on Saturday. Then if I am leaving, I leave on Wednesday next week to my new area. I really hope I am staying. I don't like to be moved around. So, because of that, don't send me any mail unless it will get to me by next Tuesday. I will let you know in next weeks e-mail if I have been transferred and where I am and my address and my new companion's name.
Well, that is all for this week!  Hope I hear from you next week...

-Elder Brown