Monday, December 6, 2010

Elder Brown update

Well, first things first, I mailed my GPS and SD Card home last Tuesday and you haven't gotten it yet?!? Yes I put $200 insurance on it and confirmation delivery. I hope it gets to you otherwise I will be getting $200 for a new GPS. It will be a very nice GPS. I don't know where my package is. I call a number to track the package and it just says that it is on it's way to you. I hope it gets there. Oh well if it doesn't. I have my pictures saved so I can resend it to you. Plus I can get a nice GPS.
Our Mission President does not allow missionaries to stay the night with other missionaries. The only time I can stay with another missionary is when I am on exchanges with the District Leader. That is it. Otherwise, you are in your own area. That is what President Sagers said.
We are teaching a few people. One named Ricardo. He is concerned about Santa Clause and Christmas and all of that. We already told him that Santa isn't a part of the church and that Christmas is to be focused on Jesus Christ. He still doesn't understand. He is a Spanish. He is also very old. About 70 years old. Also, we are teaching a lady named Aracely. She is also Spanish. She is reading and praying about the B.O.M. right now. We are also teaching a guy named Michael. He is looking for a church and a returned Sister Missionary who is in the Branch brought him to us. He really likes the church. Hopefully he will get baptized soon. We are also teaching a Spanish investigator named Saul. His family moved from Arizona. They moved here because of the illegal immigration thing taking place. Their boys are not very happy with the move. They want to go back, but the mom is the only one holding the family together right now. She is a very strong lady to be getting everyone to church every Sunday from Clifton, TX which is a 45 minute drive to the church. That is some dedication let me tell you. Saul won't get baptized yet because he doesn't know what he will tell his family. Also, what his friends will think of him and what that means he will have to stop doing and give up. He says he just needs time to decide if this is what he wants to do. I hope he makes the right decision.
Yes, I did get to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night. I also thought it was very good too.  I think that is all for this week!
-Elder Brown