First off...I cannot believe that the Tabernacle is GONE! When you e-mailed that to me, I just sat at my computer for a minute and just remembered all the memories from the building. I was so sad to see that it burnt down. WOW is all I can say. That is just so sad.
I am not getting transferred, whew... Elder Roberts and I are together again for another go around, but this time, Elder Roberts is a District Leader. He is excited for the calling, but is getting nervous about all that is involved with it. Elder Roberts has only been out 8 months and he is already a District Leader. He is a great missionary and I think he will be a good District Leader. He knows what to do. I hope I get your package in time. I think they will get it to me by Christmas.
Well, as for missionary work. We almost had a baptism yesterday, but Saul backed out on us last minute. He knows he needs to get baptized, but he just is scared. He has been investigating the church for 3 years now. He was investigating in Arizona before the new law was put in place in Arizona, and now their family had to move to Texas so they wouldn't get deported. Louis, their son, is really angry that his parents took them out of Arizona, but he is learning to get over it. Aracely is doing great. She is still progressing towards baptism. All is going well. Michael is also doing great. He committed to live the word of wisdom and law of chastity last time we taught him. Things are looking up in Hillsboro!
Well, other than that, I think that is all for this week. We are taking a half P-Day today so we can open presents and stuff on Christmas morning. The same part-member family that fed us on Thanksgiving is going to be feeding us on Christmas. They are way cool. Sis Ables is a less-active member, and Bro Ables isn't a member. He is still getting over the concern of the Book of Mormon. He is praying and stuff.
Well, as promised, I put up the tree that Nancy McGriff sent me and took some pictures for y'all. Enjoy!
Talk to you on Christmas Day at 10 my time. Also, talk to you on the Monday following Christmas Day. Have a great week!
Love ya lots!
-Elder Brown
