Well...first off let me start out with what happened last night. So, we heard there was a Tornado warning, but they told us they weren't exactly sure when the main part of the storm was going to hit, so they told us to just listen for the sirens and get in the bathtub if they go off. Well...all I can say is I cannot remember what happened last night. I went to bed and woke up to a nice sunny morning. My companion and my District Leader said they both woke up around 1-2a.m. and heard what sounded like a airplane flying over, then they opened the door and saw the rain coming down and it just flooded everything. There are fences down everywhere and it is just crazy what happened. Apparently a Tornado hit about 50 miles away from us, which I was grateful since it didn't hit us. Whew...made it!
Well, as for missionary work, well things are starting to pick up. The ward is having what they call a Daily Missionary Fast, where a family signs up every day for 1 month and that family fasts for 24 hours for missionary work that day here in the ward. They just started yesterday. The Bishop said that whenever they do it, they have always had baptisms. I am so excited for their support!
Well, on Saturday we spent the day inside because Elder Anthony was sick, and I think I am getting something too. Uh oh, start taking those meds...UGH! We did have a good week though. We found this lady while out tracting one day, and she was not interested at all, but we decided to offer some service to her and she said yes I need my lawn mowed and trimmed up. So, we went back and did some yard work, and now she has a BoM and is reading and praying. Amazing what the lord can do.
Well, I hope y'all enjoy your week off. One last thing, that is way cool that Elder L. Tom Perry was at our church building. Now when I come home I can say that, when I am standing at the pulpit, that I am standing in the place where a Apostle stood. It is so amazing to be in the presence of an Apostle of Jesus Christ. You just know that this gospel is true just to be in their presence.
I love y'all so much
-Elder Brown
