Monday, April 25, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, I am officially staying in the Denton 2nd Ward, but I now have a new twist on things. President Sagers has asked me to be a District Leader over 3 sets of missionaries. I am just in awe that he would trust me enough to let me even be a District Leader. This means that I have to make more phone calls and more exchanges and getting to go to leadership meetings and giving trainings to them. I just have a hefty job in front of me, but President Sagers said that I have people to help me out, so I know that I can do it with the lords help. Things are definitely getting tougher for me, but I think the Lord is just putting me through a test to see if I can handle it. It will be great. Also, Elder Anthony and I will be companions for another transfer.
 
Well, a couple of other things that have happened, around here we have had the Tornado sirens going off the past couple of days. We even had a Tornado touch down not too far from our Apartment. It is so crazy the weather here in Texas. About two days ago, I was getting out of dinner and I looked and I could tell the line of Thunderstorms coming in. We talked with our dinner for a minute and they said that the weather forecasters said that Tornadoes were in the forecast, so they told us to go straight home and wait it out because it is very dangerous to be in a car during a Tornado. We did, and let me tell you, I was scared out of my mind. I just starting praying that we would be protected. Well, I made it through, but there was TONS of lightning. The clouds turned Dark and Green. They say when the clouds look green, it usually means there is a Tornado nearby. It was a interesting experience. Someone also told me that there have been double the amount of Tornadoes this year than last year.
 
We had 2 investigators at church 2 weeks ago and they said they loved it. One of our investigators is really trying to change his life around and things are looking better for him. It makes me so happy when people change their lives over to Christ. It just makes them much Happier people.
 
Well, that is all, have a safe and wonderful and happy week!  Love ya so much and thanks again for all you do for me.
 
-Elder Brown