Hello, well things around here are going okay. I thank you for all your e-mails and your Trek report. I am so happy for Riley and his accomplishments as well as Erika too. I am so happy for all of you. It is just amazing at how much has changed in the past 20 months since I first left on my mission. I cannot believe that Erika is going to College and Riley is in High School and it is just scary and weird, but I guess everyone has to grow up at some point, right? Thanks for getting my CD player and when you asked about if I needed anything else, well...I don't think I do. I am doing okay for now. I am just really trying to stay cool. Our mission president has been deciding over the past few months on whether or not we will start wearing our suits all day every day. I don't like the idea at all. It just doesn't make sense. Why would we wear suits all day? It will just be so hot and miserable and people will wonder what the crap we are doing with suits on in 100+ degree weather which by the way, it has been close to 100 the past 2 weeks and it is supposed to be close to 100 for the next 7 days. The lows are only in the low 70's. It just will never cool down. I really don't like the idea, but I definitely will try to be obedient if he says we need to do it.
Well, an update on missionary work. Charles Lamb (not Lambert, found out on Saturday) will be getting baptized this Saturday. He had his interview and the missionary doing it said he was good to go. So, we will have a baptism this Saturday. I am so excited for it. Donald Hammond isn't going anywhere anymore. He works on Sunday's now and still has a Word of Wisdom issue that he won't give up. We challenged him to get 2 Sunday's off every month to come to church. He said he would. Until then, we will not consider him a Progressing Investigator. We found a new investigator named Andrea Paul this past week. So a little story about her. We were out with a member named Bro. Marchant and we asked him if it would be okay if we went by Andrea. He said he didn't feel comfortable about it, so we didn't. Then the next time we went out on exchanges with him, he asked us if we wanted to go and see her. Of course we said yes. We stopped and knocked on her door and she came out and she was so happy to see us. She said "I have been waiting for y'all to show up." She knows 5 families in the Ward and has been through the Oquirrah Mountain Temple open house and knows lots of members in SLC. The Marchants set up an appointment to meet over at their house to teach her. We will be going over tomorrow. She is so cool and she is totally ready to be baptized. Isn't that cool or what? Well, I probably should end my novel too, but thank you so much for all that you do for me. Just one last thing, I am almost 100% sure Transfer calls will be Tuesday night now, so our next transfer day is July 20th. Transfer calls will be the 19th. Unless I say otherwise, that is probably what will happen. Don't worry though, it will only be for 2 transfers that you won't know for an entire week. Well, I do believe that is all. Thank you so much for all you do for me.
-Elder Brown
