Monday, June 20, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, the Baptism did happen! Charles is now a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and he is so excited to receive the priesthood. He has his interview with the Bishop either tomorrow or Wednesday night. He is so excited and happy. Also, the same day, there was a guy who got baptized named Travis in the Denton 3rd Ward. He sang "Come Thou Fount" in front of the congregation. He is a top dog singer and he was only a member for 3 hours when he sang for us. He is so cool. Travis has sung with lots of top hits of today. He is so awesome as well as Charles.  I am attaching pictures of the baptism. I also attached a picture of a trucker that completely tore down a stop light. It was scary, but thought it would be good to take a picture. LOL, hope you enjoy!  Other than Charles baptism, Donald is falling apart. He keeps cancelling appointment after appointment. We are seriously thinking about dropping him. He won't meet with us and he won't quit smoking. Well, that is all I can do for him, do what I can, and hopefully the Lord will do the rest. We have found a new investigator this past week, Andrea Paul, I don't know if I told you yet, but she knows lots of members everyone in SLC, and Denton area. She wants to take the missionary lessons soon. We also received a referral from some members for some new people to teach as well as we received a referral from SLC for a lady that logged onto mormon.org. So hopefully we will have a few new people to try to teach.  To answer some of your questions: I haven't seen Elder Downs in forever. I heard though that he is down in Arlington, but that of course is a rumor. I don't actually know where he is, we don't get to keep in contact. There have been a few missionaries from my group that have gone home early, so I think we are down to 17 or 16 now. That's okay, that is still a big group. Michaelynn is taking the temple classes still. Haven't heard of anything new yet.  Well, I had better end this novel as well. Thank you, and yes I did receive the package you sent. Thank you so much! I always love goodies.  Thanks for everything, and Happy Father's Day again! I do really like the tie!
Love
-Elder Brown