Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Elder Brown update

Hey Dad, I don't think I have e-mailed you in a while. It sounds good that y'all were able to get mom off to Girls camp. I hope they have a good time. I am so happy y'all had a good 4th of July. We were able to spend some time with the members in the area. It was nice to be around them. Well... BREAKING NEWS! We had a baptism on Sunday and I had the privilege of Baptizing him. We baptized Donald. He is 60 years old and will be receiving the Aaronic Priesthood this Sunday. I have attached pictures for y'all to see. Also I have attached some photos of Elder Anthony after our 4th of July party last night.
 
Also, our Mission President interviews are this Thursday and we will be receiving our own portable DVD players. It is crazy how the mission is going right now. We will be able to watch movies such as The District and all the church produced movies for companionship study and whatnot. It is crazy! I hope the mission doesn't abuse the privilege, cause I would love to have one. I am going to be 100% obedient with it, cause it is a privilege that can be taken away.
 
Well, other than that, we had an awesome lesson with Bro. Burns (our Elders Quorum President) with a 2 investigators named Glen & Andreanna. They are Catholic, don't go to church and are very interested in the Book of Mormon. We have another appointment with them this Friday and they have agreed to feed us dinner. It will be nice.
 
Yes I did receive the package you sent. Thank you so much. I received it on Friday. It is pretty quick for some reason or another.



 
One last thing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday tomorrow. I can't wait to be able to celebrate it with you next year. Have a wonderful time and thanks for all you do for me.
 
Love,
 
Elder Brown