Monday, July 18, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, all I can say is, IT IS WAY TOO HOT! We haven't had rain for such a long time and we have been in the Triple digits for the past 4 weeks. It is way too hot for me. That is crazy that y'all have had lots of Mosquito's and stuff. I still like to be inside, so I wouldn't mind it too much.
Well, Transfers happened. We got them this morning. I am staying here in Denton 2nd Ward and will be serving with Elder Reaveley. He is Hawaiian and I guess he likes Denton a lot. We should do fine. Elder Anthony is going to White Wash (meaning, him and his companion are transferring in together) into Azle with Elder Smith. He is very excited. I am very excited to be staying. At this point, I think I will be finishing off my mission in Denton 2nd Ward. I just know it. I am very excited though. I have also been released as a District Leader. Now I am just Senior Companion again.
Well, I received my "Trunkie Phone Call" on Friday. Sister Jensen, our office Senior Couple called me and said "Elder Brown, I am calling you to schedule your flight home in October." Then she proceeded to verify that I still lived in Provo and at the same address and that the Bishop and Stake President are still the same. I said yes. I should be getting my flight plans home within the next few weeks and they will mail it to you as well. It is crazy to think that l am coming home soon. I am so excited beyond belief.
Well, an update in missionary work. We had the English Sister's call us and said they had a referral for us. They said they had a older lady that was interested in the Gospel. They were going to bring her to church. She came! She loved it. We are going to be teaching her this week. It is amazing. We also this past week taught Glen and Andreanna Barker. Glen is a very probing person. He is wanting right now to find the loop holes in the gospel. He hasn't found any yet, so he is really searching. We committed him to read and pray about it. He and Andreanna are going to do it. Andreanna is in it for the learning experience, but I think she will eventually come to know it's true first before Glen does. It was a good lesson.
Well I know this weeks e-mail has been long, but I needed to tell you everything. I hope all goes well.
I love you!

-Elder Brown