Monday, July 25, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, I am here again on the 5th straight week of NO rain. IT SUCKS! I really don't like it at all, but I am still here in Denton. My new companion is Elder Reaveley and he is from Hawaii. He looks Hawaiian as well. He is an awesome missionary and him and I are loving it here in Denton 2nd Ward. He lived in Hawaii for half of his life and then moved to Salt Lake City for the other half, but he still considers himself from Hawaii, since he likes that place a lot.
 
We had a slow week in teaching investigators. ALL of our investigators moved their appointments this week to later on and we didn't get to teach anyone. Oh well...we move forward. We have been doing lots of Less-Active and Part-Member work here and it seems to be yielding some success although not very much, but some.
 
Anyways, well we have Zone Conference coming up here in a couple of weeks and it should be fun. Our mission president has asked us to read all the 4 gospels and 3 Ne 11 thru 30 before then and write down some things, I can't remember right now. I have it written down in the apartment.
 
Well, I do want y'all to know how much I love you. I want to Thank you for everything you have done for me. You have been there for me in tough times and have given me letters of support and encouragement. It has been a blessing to have you do what you have done for me. I thank you so much and I want y'all to know that I love you a lot. You don't even realize how much I love you. I know I have put you through a lot of pain and worrying about me, but I want you to know that I am doing alright and I am trying my best to serve my mission and finish. It is going to be the hardest 2 months of my life, but I know with your help, I can do it. I thank you again for all you have done for me. Thanks for putting up with my comments and my negativeness and lack of caring for a long time. I know I need to do better.
 
Anyways, I do believe that is all for this week. I did receive a e-mail from Andrew and he told me that he is horrible at writing letters, so I guess I understand why he isn't writing me. He said he has lots of letters to write, just doesn't have the time right now to write them.
 
I hope all is going well up there in Provo Utah. It sounds like there has been lots of rain and the snow is melting and so there could be flooding, just keep me posted on what is going on.

That is all I have
 
-Elder Brown