Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Elder Brown update
Sorry, I forgot that yesterday was a holiday and so I didn't get to e-mail yesterday, but I am doing it today instead. It has been a crazy week this last transfer. I have A LOT to tell you and some pictures to send you. So, first off, let me start with a story. I have been keeping in contact with the Bishop of the Lake Cities 2nd Ward cause that is where Michaelynn was baptized when I was there a year and a half ago and I talked with Michaelynn a lot and kept asking her when she was going. Well, last Sunday I found out that she was going to the Temple the following Saturday which was September 3rd. I immediately got excited and that night called President Sagers and asked him if I could go. He said I could as long as I got a ride from a member. I talked with the Bishop of the Lake Cities 2nd Ward and he told me that he would take Elder Reaveley and I and we would all go. I was very excited. We all went and it was so cool! After the session, I was sitting in the Celestial room and I went to shake her hand and congratulate her and she looked at me and said "Thank you so much, if it weren't for you 5 Elders, I wouldn't be here today." She cried to much cause of how happy she was to have found the true church of Jesus Christ. She asked if I would give her a hug and I did, because I felt it was appropriate. Then afterwards we went outside and took pictures. It was so cool! I loved to think about it later. Those words that she told me in the Celestial room "If it weren't for you 5 Elders, I wouldn't be here today." It was so cool to think that I was part of her conversion process. I was so happy for her.
Well, our new apartment is right behind the Lake Cities 1st Ward Elders and it is kind of fun to be right next to them. They enjoy us being there. It is really weird, because we live outside of our area. Our mission president told me that we were only allowed to be outside of our area if we were going to our apartment and back. It should be a fun transfer. I am so excited to come home in 37 days. AHHHHH! Crazy!!!!!
Well, I don't have too much else that happened, other than we had a cool front come through yesterday and it cooled it down to the 80's which was AMAZING! It felt cold to me to be in the 80's again because we have been in the 100's to 110's. It was so HOT!
In missionary work, things have not been going well. Our investigators keep cancelling on their appointments and it just is getting frustrating. I think the lord is testing us. It should be a fun last transfer.
My exit interview, I have no idea yet. President has been pushing things farther and farther back because he wants us to be out and working until the end. I am doing my best, but sometimes it just gets hard. I could ask about Milan and his family, but I am not sure. I guess you could have them meet me at the airport before I go, I will probably be at the Airport quite a bit early because they will want to make sure that I get on my flight home. I will find out though. I will ask and see what happens.
With the food, I miss Brick Oven, Cafe Rio, stir fry, and just being home. I think that is about all the food I miss. All the rest of the places you named are here already in Texas and the members take us out there pretty frequently. I do really miss Cafe Rio the most. I think that is what I really want the most since there is none out here. Although, when I bring y'all back, I am definitely going to have to take you to some good Barbecue and also some Chicken Express. I don't know if y'all know what Chicken Express is, but you will have to try it. Well, I think that is all for this week! Take care, and talk to you next week.
-Elder Brown
