Monday, September 12, 2011

Elder Brown update

Hello again from me in Denton Texas. Well, today is supposed to get into the lower 100's, which is not exciting at all to me. I do not look forward to any day over 90, but today and tomorrow is supposed to be over 100 again. I don't like it at all, but I am going to work through it. I hope that it starts cooling down for real this week. If we have today and tomorrow over 100, it will set a new record in Texas which is the most days in 1 calendar year over 100. That is not something I would like to say that I did, but I really did, if it happens. That would be crazy to say that.
In missionary work, we have found some former investigators and some old investigators that moved back into our boundaries again. Things are looking good, but as for a baptism, that is probably unlikely at this point due to the fact that there are no investigators we have that are ready for baptism. They haven't even come to church yet. Oh, well, we will keep working with them. Roberta Smith, one of our investigators went to the hospital this past week because she had to have a stint put in her heart to stop blockages, at least that was what I remember it was for. I can't remember a lot of things. Anyways, I hope that she recovers quickly. She told us that after the surgery, she will come to church. We shall see what happens. Hopefully she will be committed after this.
I am sorry to hear about Mom's gall bladder. Hopefully you can resolve it soon and get back to normal as quickly as possible. I will keep mom in my prayers. I also put every ones names in the Dallas Temple when I was there cause I wanted to put names in, so I put all our investigators names and also y'all and some others, so you have some prayers from Texas to you. :)
Yes, I am very excited to be coming home as well! I have to write my final letter to president in the next 2 weeks and mail in to President Sagers so they can include it in their book to remember us. He asked me to write about specific things, so I am going to write up a rough draft then put it on the nice paper he mailed to us. It should be fun to write it, especially since I have so much to write and only 1 piece of paper to do it.
Yeah, I definitely am glad I served a mission, but I will tell you, it was the hardest 2 years of my life. You really have to be dedicated to do it.
I will be more than happy to help out around the house when I get back. I will have lots of time to do things until school starts, so put me to work when I come home. I want to help out as much as possible. I may go to one of the games, if I feel up to it. I hear that BYU is playing UTAH this week. I hope they win! I heard they lost the game in Texas. Oh well, they only lost by 1 point. I hear this from members all the time. They talk about it.  Take care, as always, I still would appreciate any letters, but I realize that there are only a few weeks left.
-Elder Brown