Monday, September 19, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, as you probably can guess, I only have 3 weeks left. I am so excited to be coming home. I hope that we can all have a good time together when I get home. I am really hoping that we can go shopping and get me some new clothes and just have some fun.

Also, I heard that the USPS is slowing down mail because they cannot afford to send it that fast anymore. So it may take longer to get mail, which kind of stinks. Oh well...what do you do?
I told the ward that I was going home in 3 weeks and our Ward Mission Leader said "well, lets you get signed up to speak then." The first thought was "NO!" I just let it go to see what happens, and guess what? I am speaking in this ward on the 9th. Oops, that was my fault for telling them. I have to speak on Obedience in Missionary work. It should be a good topic. I will also study up on that topic that you gave me and speak to the best that I can. I probably won't recognize a lot of faces in the ward, because I bet that it has changed a lot since I left 2 years ago. I am so excited to see everyone!
I have a few things I want to let you know about missionary work this past week. Our investigator Roberta Smith, had to go to hospital and now she is out. She is recovering slowly. We will stop-by, but she said she really wants to come to church when she gets feeling better. We are also working with a new family named the Johnson's. They are the great grandchildren of Fanny White. They are not baptized, so we are hoping to get them baptized. It will be fun. We are also working with a family named the Heath's. Shane is not a member and he is sort of interested, but we are unsure whether or not he wants to take the lessons. Sis. Heath is a member, but inactive. Her mom is a member as well, but inactive. We are working with all of them. It is exciting stuff.
Take Care, until next week!
-Elder Brown