Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2nd e-mail from Elder Brown

"The swine flu is going around here at the MTC. We are not allowed to touch anyone. If we get sick we have to be in a room by ourselves with nothing to do but study until we are feeling better. I am not sick however and am doing just fine.  Sunday's are actually my favorite day here at the MTC because we wake up and eat breakfast and then we do about 2 hours of studing whatever we want. Then we have Priesthood Meeting for about 1 hr. Then we have a District Meeting for about 1 hour, where a missionary from our district teaches us. It is so cool. Then we have Sacrament Meeting. It is weird how they do sacrament meeting. We do it as a zone and the zone leader gets to pick who passes and blesses the sacrament. Then 2 of us missionaries are randomly picked to give a 5 minute talk on a subject they give us the sunday before. I haven't been picked yet, but I just know that I will be picked. I do get a small Prep day on monday before I leave. I leave for the airport next tuesday at 5 am in the morning. I will arrive in Texas around 12.  The mail that you have been sending me is great. I am just overwhelmed with stuff to do. I barely have time to get 8 hours of sleep every night. There is just so much to do and I just don't have time for anything else.  I continually pray for you and the whole family.  I am now regretting that I didn't study Preach My Gospel more before I got here. Thanks for all the letters and thinking and praying for me. If you send a letter to the MTC after I leave, they will mail it to me for the first week after I have left, then after that it will just be thrown away, they will not forward it to me in Texas. I want to take lots of pictures, but unfortunately they have requested that we take few pictures while we are on campus. They don't want us to look like we are just doing nothing all day long. I have taken a few pictures at the Temple with all of our district."

Love,
Elder Brown