Thursday, November 5, 2009

Elder Brown email update

Hello from Texas,

Thank you for all your e-mails and thoughts. I really like hearing from all of you. My companion is so much fun. He is always so happy and willing and ready to do the work. Yes he is Tongan. I already get a car, but we are encouraged to get a bike. I will probably be buying one soon. We only get about $135 a month for spending money.  Sounds like you all had a good Halloween. Elder Moli and I spent Halloween at a house who's less-active and we helped out with his $3,000 haunted house he set up. It was so cool because we weren't even trying to find someone to teach and this lady walked up to me and wanted us to come over and teach them. It was so cool. It's amazing how the lord works. In the past week I think I've experienced everything there is to experience that would be bad. We had a lady who tried to tell us that we were wrong. We also had a guy swear at us. It's been crazy, but the work must move forward. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. No, I didn't get any mail yet, President said it might take about 3 weeks for them to get all the mail rerouted to Texas to get to me. I will wait and see how long it really takes. I could tell you where I live, but it would be pointless. All mail is required to go through the 1331 airport address because then if I get transfered, the mail goes with me. If you send it to where I live now, and I get transfered, it will never get to me. On P-day's I go to the local Arlington Public Library and e-mail you. I get about 30 minutes to send an e-mail every p-day and i'm only allowed to send 1 e-mail out. I can send many letters out, but only 1 e-mail and that's to mom. Yes p-day goes from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm. We then usually teach afterwards. I can print pictures out and mail them to you next week, but I am not allowed to e-mail them I found out. I have not seen the Cowboy's Stadium. I don't even know where it is, we live on the outskirts of Arlington. We eat dinner with a member every night. The members here are way cool. They are willing to help anyway they can. Brother Trowbridge is our ward mission leader. He is so cool. I have not seen any attractions here. I only proselyte. I have to be up at 6:25 every morning. Lights out at 10:30. Back in apartment at 9 pm every night. I wish I could have been at the MTC to hear Elder Perry, that would have been so cool! Well, I love all of you and look forward to next week's e-mails and letters. Have a wonderful week.

Love,

Elder Cameron Brown

P.S. If you send me a letter in the mail, you MUST!! have To: "Elder Cameron Brown", otherwise it will not get to me. Keep up the good work and talk to y'all next week.