Thursday, December 31, 2009

Elder Brown update

Hello from Texas where it is warmer than Utah and NOT SNOWING!! HA HA Just kidding, I don't want to make you feel bad.

Well, this week has been a wonderful week to talk to you and to hear that all is going well. I am so happy for you and the support you are giving me while I am here in Texas. I love doing the work and am excited to continue to do the work next year in 2010!
Well, this morning the Zone Leaders, some spanish missionaries and me went and toured the new cowboy's stadium. It is so unreal. We went in the locker rooms and in the suite's and underground and found out all the statistics for the building. The roof opens in 11 minutes and is completely silent. You cannot hear it opening unless you actually look at it. The glass doors on the sides open in 9 minutes and they are completely silent as well. It is so amazing. The TV in the middle weighs I think around 1.2 million pounds and the arches holding it up bended about 3 inches when they first hung it. It is so amazing that the arches are actually holding that TV and the roof up. They told us all about why it looks like a UFO and why they built it the way they did. It is the biggest stadium in the world. Not to Dad's amazement, but I thought it was really cool. I have some pictures of it that I will have to mail home to you.
Well, the work is going great, we talked to lots of people this week, although no baptisms. We are still working with this guy from chicago to see if he still wants to receive the lessons, but other than that, the work is going great.
We have 2-3 District Meetings a transfer and we have 1 Zone Conference a transfer. I have been to many District meetings and 2 zone conferences. We have 1 more unexpected Zone Conference for the new year that president decided to announce to help us start out the new year. It is going to be a short Zone Conference, but worth while.
Well, that is all I have to let you know for this week
I know that I need to continue to do the work here in Texas. I know that the Lord has a plan for all of us, even animals, but we all need to continue to move forward with a desire to do good and better the next day.
I am so happy to be serving here in Texas. I am so happy to be bringing people into the waters of baptism. They need the change in their life and I know this gospel can do it. Continue to find people to have the missionaries come and teach. Everyone needs to hear the message that we share. Everyone needs that opportunity. Until next week, love ya tons and tons!

-Elder Brown