Thursday, December 3, 2009

Elder Brown weekly email

Hello from Texas,
This past week has been so wonderful. I have had the opportunity to baptize Chris Roylance and a member in the ward, Bro. Dalkhe confirmed him a member of the Church last sunday. It was such a cool experience to baptize him. He is progressing in the church and already has the aaronic priesthood. It was so cool to "dunk" him in the water. I felt so good.  Anyways, we ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Ward Mission Leader's home last thanksgiving. They fed us good. I was so full; I had to find room for the pie!  Well, if you believe it or not, it actually got so cold here in Texas over the past couple of days, we actually got SNOW!! NO WAY! It snowed for a bit, then immediately melted. It was so weird. It has been very cold here in Texas these past couple of days. I have had to bundle up and try to keep warm while we go door to door knocking trying to find people to teach.  Teaching isn't very easy here in Texas as most people already go to church or are aware of Jesus Christ. Some days I feel like we make no progress, but I continue to knock on doors and ride my bike to try to find people to teach. Some people are very nice, others are extremely rude. There is a new Elder here in my Ward who just got his mission call to Provo, Utah. I saw the boundaries of it, It goes all the way from provo south. So draw a straight line from side to side of the state with Provo being in the middle of the line and then go down until you hit St. George. That is how big it is. It is the highest baptizing mission in the world. See if you can find him, maybe not, but his name is Michael Brannock and he leaves for the MTC on February the 10. I hope all is going well at home. Tell everyone I love them and that I am working hard to bring those lost souls unto Christ. I will be getting a call this Saturday to let me know if I am being transfered. I will e-mail you next week with the news. Well, I hope I have told you enough stuff. I love all of you, and continue to pray for me.
Talk to you next week. Love y'all.

Elder Cameron Brown