Hello from Texas again!
Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it is very warm outside! Last P-Day we had a record snowfall of 1 ft here in Arlington. It knocked out power to most of the city, although we were lucky enough to not lose power, lots of ward members were without power for up to 5 days! Also, lots of trees feel down and the city is slowly cleaning them up. Now it is warm and around 60 degrees?? AH! It changes so quickly.
Well, I am so happy that y'all got to spend some time for your anniversary at the Hotel. It sounds like you had fun. I am so happy for you. I can't believe that you've been married now for 22 years! I've almost been alive that long! I still can't believe that I will be 20 soon. That is weird to think about.
Well, in missionary work, we found this part member family who has not been to church in over 8 years! They want us to come reteach them the gospel and they want to come back to church. The wife is not a member, so if they come back, she might get baptized. That is so cool. We also have been going out on exchanges with the High Priests and trying to reactivate people who are not coming to church. We have not had much success there, but we will keep trying. We have not been having much teaching appointment success in the past week either. All our appointments have fallen through. That is tough on us, but we don't give up on them. Well, the ward this year has decided to reactivate about 4-5 people in each quorum, which is a huge undertaking for this ward, as it is very hard. We have been asked to help, and we said yes.
Well, Transfers are coming up on March 3, 2010. WOW! Another transfer gone by. I am so excited to learn where I am headed to next. I am actually getting a bit tired of the area, and want to see new things and new stuff. I will be giving a talk in Sacrament Meeting on February the 28th as a good-bye to the ward. The ward really likes me and Elder Young.
Well, to answer a few of your questions, the church provides all the materials for us. As long as you pay Tithing, the church provides the materials for us to pass out, including the Book of Mormon's. So, no worries there. Yes I did receive your Valentine's Package on Friday last week. Thank you so much for it. I really enjoyed the treats and goodies. I ate the Jerky first! Surprised? I don't think you are.
Well, that is all for this week. Love y'all tons and tons, and I always look forward to the next P-Day when I can e-mail you again.
Love you and talk to you next week!
-Elder Brown
