Well, first off, I wanted to let y'all know that I am headed to Denton, Texas. AHH, I am so excited. The work up there is rough, but I have been assigned for the first time in my mission to be the senior companion. Meaning that I am the one that is supposed to take the lead in the companionship and help us both do the work of the Lord. I am so excited! I really do think I am going to have some fun this upcoming transfer. Yes, thank you so much for the shoes. They are working out great! I love it!
Well, I have been feeling a lot better now that I am getting transferred out of Hillsboro. To tell you the truth, I really struggled here in Hillsboro to do missionary work just because of the stress of it. Hillsboro really isn't that big and I have pretty much tracted the whole town. Elder Clinger says that his new companion and him are going to retract a lot of it and try to get outside of Hillsboro and do some work out in the country.
Well, just a quick little summary on missionary work here in Hillsboro before I get transferred to Denton. Well, Elder Clinger and I have dropped 2 more investigators this past week. They just will not accept the gospel. UGH! Satan works so hard! We haven't picked up any new investigators because people just aren't interested. I just cannot believe how set people are in what they are doing. I guess people are more tight nit in a smaller community. Also, I left 2 baptisms this Saturday for Hillsboro. Davin Washing and Kyle King, 2 eight year old boys are getting baptized this Saturday. I personally feel I did what I could to help the work of the Lord move forward here in Hillsboro! I know the Lord will bless this area with more baptisms.
Well, I do not have my new address in Denton, but I will get it to you next week! I will leave Hillsboro Wednesday morning.
I love y'all so much, and keep smiling and loving Utah, because I want OUT OF TEXAS! It is so HOT that I will just melt away in a heartbeat! AHHHH, I'm dying! Just kidding!
-Elder Brown
