Monday, March 21, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well...I got transferred to the Denton 2nd Ward, which is interesting because Lake Cities 2nd Ward meets in the same building I do now. So guess what? I got to see Michalynn yesterday and talk to her for a minute. She invited me out to lunch and I asked her about the temple. She said she is getting ready and she really wanted to hug me because she said "If it weren't for you and 3 other missionaries, I wouldn't be here today." I almost started crying. She is almost ready to go the temple, and when she does, I will have the opportunity to go with her. That is amazing!  Anyways, the work here in the Denton 2nd Ward is VERY SLOW. I got here and there are hardly any investigators and the ones we do have are not progressing investigators. So basically there is nothing going on here. So, I guess I go my work cut out for me. I love the Ward though. It is definitely a change from the country to the metroplex. We live right next to the University of North Texas campus. Actually a member of the church is the president of that University, and he told all the missionaries in Denton that he wants to have a day where we come on campus and talk to people about the church. It will be so much fun. I am so excited!  Well, I will now give you my address. 
 
500 S IH 35 E Apt#737
Denton, TX 76205
 
My new companion's name is Elder Anthony. He is from Lindon, UT and he has been out 1 year now. He is very funny and cool to be serving with. I know we will do a good job here in Denton. I know the lord will bless us.  Well, I hope all is going well with Erika and Riley. I will try to send a Happy Birthday card home for Riley, if not, I wish Riley a very Happy Birthday from Cam. One year older and wiser too!  As always, I love y'all so much and I thank you so much for everything that you do for me. I really do appreciate it. I know it is going to be very hot this summer, but I hope I can make it 6 more months. It seems like time has stopped to me, I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to be "flying" as some people say the 2nd half does. Maybe I am doing something wrong, I don't know.  Anyways, I will talk to you later.
 
-Elder Brown