Monday, March 28, 2011

Finally found the DRESS!!!

Erika and I have been searching for the perfect dress for Prom.  She wanted to get a turquoise or light blue dress, so the selection was a little bit harder, and to find the right size.  We have been looking for about a month or so.  We have gone to both Orem and Provo Malls, a couple of people that were selling their old dresses on KSL and a couple of bridal shops, which they didn't have the price tags on, so I am sure that we didn't want to ask the price.  We went to a couple more of bridal shops in orem and provo and finally ended up at "The Bridal Center" on university avenue and 200 North in Provo.  They had many different dresses that were blue.  She saw this one and it was a size 6, so we were sure if it would fit or not.  The gal that works there, said it will fit, because it laces up in the back.  Of course, it did and she fell in love with it.  She was so excited about it.  I was okay with the price of it, but I really didn't have a choice at that point, she had to have it.  The gal that helped us, took the dress and made an appointment for a fitting in a couple of weeks.  She told us to bring the shoes she was going to wear and jewelry, so they could fit the top and the bottom a little better.  She also checked to see if anyone else at Provo High Prom was wearing the same dress, and no one had yet, so we were good to go.  Erika was so happy with it and I was happy to be done searching for THE DRESS!!!  I told her later that evening, that it was a good thing she was the only girl in our family, because I would be in deep debt, because of the perfect dresses.  We then had to go and get the shoes she wanted, which were island blue vans canvas shoes.  That is the style now, not a pretty evening shoe.  She said she wanted to wear the same jewelry from last years prom, so I will save a little bit.  Now she has to decide on how to do her hair, but that is 3 weeks away.  She is so cute and happy in the dress.