Monday, May 2, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, First off thank you for your e-mails again. It has been rainy and cold these past couple of days, but last week Elder Anthony were driving after dinner and we noticed something was wrong with the sky. It started raining, then hailing, then we couldn't see and the siren's were going off. We had to hurry back to our apartment because we were in a Tornado. It actually touched down in downtown Denton. It was crazy! It was fun though.
Anyways, as for missionary work, yes I am a District Leader and with that brings lots of responsibilities. I am over the Justin Elders, and the Spanish Elders and Spanish Sisters. Yup, that's 3 companionship's. Crazy huh? It will be fun though, they like me and we are getting along well and doing the lord's work here in Denton.
Elder Anthony and I have a set a baptismal date with a guy named Donald Hammond. He has been meeting with missionaries for over 5 months now, and he has committed to be baptized later this month. We also are teaching a friend of a member named Charles Lambert. He is shy, but he loves the gospel and he even told us that he feels like this church is it. He said there is no other church that teaches the gospel the way we do and he really wants to get baptized. He has a great fellowshipping family to help him into the gospel. We love teaching him.
Well, I am so glad to hear that y'all are doing well. Crazy weather up there! I want to be up there, I absolutely do not like Texas heat! I have officially decided I will move to Alaska. Just kidding, probably Canada. :)
That is all, and yes I am very happy to be able to call y'all. Hope all is going well!
Love ya lots!

-Elder Brown