Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Elder Brown update



Well, we couldn't e-mail yesterday due to the Memorial Day, but I am now just doing it. I hope you will get this e-mail before you head out on the trek.  I did not get the pictures you sent to me. I guess you will have to resend them to me next week. For some reason they just didn't make it through, but I am really happy that Erika had a wonderful time and that it was a neat experience. I remember mine, it was fun. I hope Erika likes her new laptop. I am so jealous. I really want to use the computer again. I miss it terribly, but I know that I need to finish my mission first.  I keep struggling to pull myself together for the summer. It is just going to be way hot and it is just misery.
So a couple of quick stories from this past week. So, we were eating dinner with some members, and the husband was going out on exchanges with us. We went out and visited a couple of people. The clouds were really dark. Then we were driving and the sirens went off. Our exchange was like "I have a feeling we need to go back." We did, and a tornado would have hit us had we not turned back. We didn't even realize we were headed straight for it. We found out later cause of all the damage it did in one community. It was crazy! I made it through though.  There is also another member that is moving up to Utah and she was sitting at the airport when the storms hit. She happened to run into a missionary named Elder Porter headed to the MTC. His and her flights got cancelled, so she brought him home and took care of him. She called us up and was like "Hey, can you take this elder out and work with him all day so he isn't bored at our house?" We called President Sagers, and he said yes, so we did. It was a awesome experience for us and him. He got to experience the life of a missionary before he even went to the MTC. He is headed to Paraguay for his mission. Cool huh? I have some pictures attached.  Well, Charles and Donald are doing okay. Charles is looking good for June 18th. We are so excited for him! Donald is struggling again. Oh, well, we did manage to find a new investigator named Luis. He lives with members, and he wants to learn more. We are probably going to start teaching him soon.
Also, President Sagers did move transfer calls to Tuesday night, so I won't know till the night before transfers if I am leaving or not. Transfer calls are on June 7th, so don't send mail to me until I can let you know whether or not I was transferred. Transfers are on June 8th.
Love ya lots!

-Elder Brown