Monday, May 16, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, it cooled down a little bit this past week. We have been in the low 70's which is nice for a change and very little humidity which is a blessing in itself. Anyways, We had a good week and we have been doing some good work. We had 4 Less-Active families at church yesterday. It was awesome! I am finding that the work here right now is Less-Active members, but we are still on schedule for a baptism for Charles Lambert for May 28th. Donald's date has been moved back and we still don't think he has quit smoking yet, so we will have to help him out some more. Quitting smoking is a hard thing, especially when you live in a home where everyone else smokes as well. We are working with him though.
I am so glad and happy for Erika and her progress she has made in graduating from Seminary. That is an OUTSTANDING accomplishment. It is a good feeling to have that piece of paper in your hands. Anyways, it sounds like the weather has been better in Utah. That is awesome! I hope that y'all enjoy it, because if you were here in Texas, it would have come months ago. HAHA! Just teasing you!
So, just a quick comment. I was looking at the pictures you sent me this week, and I was like, no way! That is my family and that is Nathan! AHHH! I cannot believe it! That is crazy to think about, I cannot believe I will be home in 4 1/2 months!
Anyways, so what an companion exchange is, is we schedule it about a week in advance and we change companions for 24 hours and it allows me as a District Leader to see the progress of their area and offer suggestions and help them out a little bit. I am not trying to run their area, but just help them out a little bit. After a while, you can get burned out with seeing the same things over and over, and you just might lose some focus, so it just helps to refocus missionaries. I have to do it with each Elder Companionship in my District. I don't exchange with Sister missionaries, obviously... That would be bad.
I hope y'all have a wonderful week and I always look forward to next weeks e-mails. Keep me posted on everything and send back my GPS as soon as you can. Thank you so much for everything!
Love y'all so much!
 
-Elder Brown