Well, we just got an e-mail from our Mission President saying that is going to be the hottest week of the year here in Texas. Possibly 110+. I am just going to die. It is so hot down here. I wish we had rain. I have been praying for rain for the past 3 weeks now and we haven't gotten any yet. It sucks, but I am so grateful that I am in a car. It will be so nice to have the Air Conditioning to help out. It will be one of the hottest weeks ever since I have ever been in Texas.
Well, I want to give you an update on what has been happening here in the Denton 2nd Ward. So, we have been trying to teach some less-actives and do some other work. We have been working with this family named the Johnson's and Sanders. They are less-active and have unbaptized children that need to be baptized. They are going through some rough times right now. Bro. Johnson has gotten 3 tickets that his work said they would pay for, and they didn't, so now he has a warrant out for his arrest. So, he can't get a job because he's not paid his tickets. Sis. Sanders is his mom, she is going through a lot too. They live in this beat up trailer and live in a cockroach infested house. It is pretty nasty. I definitely do not like cockroaches. They are trying to change their lives around and come back to church, but one of the daughters doesn't want to come. So, they also have that obstacle. It will take some time with them, but eventually, I hope, they will come back and get their kids baptized. It will be great. We have also been trying to teach a Part-member/Less-Active family for a while now. The husband is not a member and she is. Their name is the Heath's and Sis. Heath is a member, but got offended years ago and still holds a grudge. Well, I hope they will come back one of these days and the husband will get baptized. Other than that, we are trying to still teach the Barkers, but they are falling apart and don't really want change. They are pretty satisfied with where they are at. Maybe one day they will change, who knows. At least a seed has been planted in their hearts. The Boydstens aren't meeting with us anymore. Oh, we found a girl named Hannah who lives with one of our investigators named Joseph. Joseph is investigating right now. He is reading and wants to come to church sometime, but only on the grounds that we come to his church too. I don't think that really works that way. Hannah though used to be a member in SLC, but left because she also got offended at some youth in her ward. She wants to come back to the church, but doesn't want to be offended again. She loves the Book of Mormon and believes it, but doesn't want to commit to church again.
I definitely agree with Sister Harris. My mission is the Best 2 years FOR my life. It definitely was the hardest two years OF my life. I agree 100%.
I know that I will be coming home the day after transfer day. I have not received my "Travel Plans" yet. I think that I will probably be getting them either the end of this month, or beginning of the next month. I know that my Mission President wants us focused until the end, which is going to be very hard for me, but I am going to try.
With the goodies and treats, I DO NOT want any more Pistachios. I am tired of them. I do love Jerky as always and I wouldn't mind those corn pop treats. I think you know what I am talking about. Also, no more Cup a noodle. I bought lots of those a week ago and I really don't want anymore of those. Oh, actually, could you send me the recipe to make the Hawaiian Haystacks Chicken stuff? I want to make it. I don't think I will be able to make all the vegetables, but I at least want the chicken and rice and maybe some of the vegetables to make it. I sounds really good to me.
Thanks for everything! I Love y'all a lot!
-Elder Brown
