Monday, August 8, 2011

Elder Brown update

 Elder Brown & Elder Reaveley with the '54 Chevy that belongs to the Ward Mission Leader
 Elder Brown inside the '54 Chevy, but I think he is a little bit too big and tall to drive it.
LOOK AT THE GRASS!!  He is right it is dead!!


Well, all I can say is there has not been ANY rain for the past 2 months and everything is so dead. The only things that are living right now are things that are being watered by the sprinkler systems. That is all. The grass is Brown and the trees are shedding all their leaves early because they have to consume water to live. It is crazy how bad it is down here. They are also saying we have another week or 2 of this as well. It just will never stop. We need rain so bad down here.

In missionary work, things are going well. Elder Reaveley and I one day were sitting in our car and we were talking about how to find new investigators and the thought came to go through the phone. We did and we found a couple of former investigators that we didn't know anything about. We didn't have any records for them either. So, we called them. One of them answered and they said "Yes, please come on over. I don't know why the missionaries just stopped coming to teach me." It was a miracle. On top of that, we went to contact a investigator I was trying to work with a while ago and they knew Elder Reaveley and now they want to take the missionary lessons again. We saw a lot of miracles on Sunday (yesterday). It was amazing and I was so grateful that the Lord answered our prayers. We also taught the Barkers again and the lesson went alright. Andreanna wants to get her family involved in a church. Our exchange Bro. Le Fleur knew them from Baseball, so instant surprise when we showed up with him. Glen the husband thinks religion is stupid and all it is, is for people to get money. We told him about how tithes are supposed to be handled and we told him that no one is paid. He really liked that, but still thinks it is stupid. We will continue to work with them. It will be good.
YES! I despise the Texas bugs. They are massive. I have never seen such big bugs in my entire life. I have seen a cockroach that was the size of a regular size computer mouse. It was HUGE! The mosquitoes aren't that big, in fact they are small. They are so small that you cannot even feel them biting you when they do because they come and get you and then move on before you even realize that they got you. It is crazy. Also, the spiders here are massive as well. I have seen the Zipper spiders which can be the size of a cell phone. Their webs are amazing. They make a zig zag through it. It is so cool.
So, Our Ward Mission Leader has a Chevy '54 truck that he took us out in on Saturday for Lunch. It was so cool. I am attaching pictures of those for you to see.
Well, thank you for your e-mails as always. I love it. Keep me posted still on what is happening in Utah. I Love y'all so much and I thank you for all the support you have and always give me.
Until next week!
-Elder Brown
P.S. I only have 9 more Mondays left. YAY!