Well, first of all, yes we did get some rain on Saturday August 13. I heard it in the night. It was so amazing to get some rain. You have no idea how happy I was to see rain. I have never been more excited in my life to see rain. It was amazing. The sad part is that we will not be getting any more rain for the next week, at least from what I hear. That sucks cause that will give it a chance again to warm up. I don't like it. You said that you and grandma were talking about me coming back to colder Utah, well I am very excited to come back to cold Utah. It will be great to be in the cold again.
In missionary work, well Elder Reaveley and I were out tracting on Friday afternoon, and we knocked 20 doors and I said "I'm done with this street, no one is interested." Elder Reaveley persisted and said we should at least finish. I said okay. WELL, you may think that we found a GOLDEN investigator. In fact, that is the exact opposite of what happened. We talked to 2 people, not interested. Then we ran into a guy who is 100% anti against the Book of Mormon. He told us to repent and to get rid of it. Elder Reaveley and I testified to him that we would not and then Elder Reaveley said "I will be willing to put everything I have on the line right now, either the Book is true and your wrong, or it isn't and your right." The guy then proceed immediately to say "Your wrong" I was so astonished by his comment. He then wanted to say a prayer and used the word Seal in his prayer. Basically sealed everything that happened and that we would realize that the Bible is the only book we should read. I guess you just can't convince people to change. I have definitely learned that you cannot change people's hearts. Only the spirit can do that. In other news, the Barkers and really struggling right now. As well the Boydstens are gone. They never want to talk to us again. We did have Joseph and Hannah wanting to come to church still. We also found a new family to teach. The moms name is Roberta Smith. She is one of the nicest ladies I have ever met. Hopefully we can get them to come to church and read and pray. That would be awesome.
We have Zone Conference this week. I am so excited. President Sagers asked us to read all of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John) and 3 Nephi 11-30 before this Zone Conference. I have tried to read them all. It is so hard to because there are so many of them. I just started at the front and worked my way back. Hopefully we can be edified on the life of Jesus Christ. I am very excited. Also, this is my last Zone Conference ever as a missionary. I am so sad that it will be my last one, but I know that I will get to be a part of some more in the future.
Transfer day is August 31st. It is my last transfer day. If I stay here in Denton 2nd, I will be here until the end of my mission. I am so excited. Anyways, hope everyone is doing well. Take care and have fun in.
Love y'all so much!
-Elder Brown
