Monday, August 29, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, I first want to thank you for the e-mails. I really appreciated them. I found it awesome that y'all were able to do community service for that church. It gives the Church a good name and it makes people think that Mormons are good people. People in Texas don't like Mormon's very much. They think we are weird and that we are a brainwashed people. We are trying to show people that we are normal and that we have normal lives just like other people. That is what mormon.org is all about. Which reminds me, I made a mormon.org profile and got it approved and published. The link to it is: http://mormon.org/me/56C0/ It only took about 25 minutes to complete it and about 3 days to get it published. When I come home I can show y'all how to do it. It is cool to have it up there!
Well, in missionary work we have been working with a new family named the Heaths. They are progressing nicely and hopefully the non-member husband will be baptized. Roberta Smith has been struggling. She had to go into surgery.
Well, with my apartment and transfers. I am staying here in Denton 2nd Ward with Elder Reaveley for a 2nd time and we are moving apartments on the 31st of August. We will be moving to 5001 Par DR. I Do Not Have the Apartment Number yet as we have not moved in. So, here is what is happening. We have to be out of our current apartment by the end of the day on August 31st, but we cannot move into our new apartment until the 1st of September. So we will be staying with some missionaries for 1 night. Also, all our stuff, beds, desks, etc... will be staying with a member until the 1st. It should be a fun week this week. I am so excited that I am staying here though. I really didn't want to be transferred. That would not be cool. I am staying though, which is nice. I will have my new address for y'all next week.
I have 44 days left until Transfers and 45 days until I come home. I have 6 more e-mails after this one. I do not have my travel papers yet. I guess y'all are going to get them a few days before I get them. They should be coming within the first 2 weeks of September. I hope they come earlier than that.
Anyways, I hope y'all have a good week. Take care and I will be looking forward to next week.
Love y'all so much!

-Elder Brown