Monday, August 22, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, things have been going pretty okay lately. We have had some of our investigators move/get evicted. It has been crazy. In Zone Conference this past week our mission president had us learn about Isaiah and how to learn it. We also had a lot of trainings and role playing that we did to apply the teachings that we learned. It was good. Our mission president has said that there has been a lot disobedience in the mission which he said is tearing the mission down because if one person is disobedient that means that they aren't succeeding, which means their district isn't succeeding, which means the zone isn't succeeding, which means the mission isn't succeeding. He pointed out that if we are not obedient, the lord cannot bless us. He is only bound when we do what he says, but if not, he won't bless us. I really enjoyed everything that happened at zone conference. It was great!
Some other important news. We are being moved out of our current apartment and moved into another apartment elsewhere. So, please don't send any mail to my apartment address until I can get you my new address. We are moving out by the 31st of August, which just happens to be transfer day as well. I don't know if they are planning to move us out by transfer day, or on transfer day. It is all crazy and it would just help to not send any more letters to my apartment address. Thanks. Also, next Monday, I will likely be e-mailing around 10-11 in the morning as we are going up to the Wineger Ranch to have some fun up there. Thanks for your support.
Well, I am glad that Riley is back to school as well as Erika is back to school as well. Texas schools just started today too. Missionary work should be picking up as more people are going to be home. During the summer vacation, a lot of people do vacations, so it is a bit harder to talk to people. Anyways, I hope Riley enjoys it and it should be great and fun for him. I hope Erika has fun in College.
I have been trying to survive the heat. It is still 100+ here in Texas and I hear from members in the ward that have gone to Utah, that it is a lot cooler up there. I am very excited to come home and be in cooler weather.
Well, I do believe that is all for this week. Hope y'all have a good and wonderful week!

-Elder Brown
P.S. I only have 51 days left on my mission. Crazy huh?