Monday, October 10, 2011

Elder Brown's last email

Well, all I can say is I am so ready to be home. I am so excited to be able to see all of you and to visit with you. I know this past 2 years has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but it has been the most rewarding experience I have ever done. Yesterday at Sacrament I did give me talk. They asked me to talk about Obedience. Bro. Bentley, our Ward Mission Leader asked me to also talk about my mission as well. After I was done, all the members congratulated me on completing a mission and wished me the best in the future. Many members have asked that I keep in contact with them. I will do my best.
Just a few things you may want to think about. I will explain those in a round-about way, but I hope I can get the point across. In my exit interview with President Sagers, he told me many things and we had some good discussions on what he would like me to do. He told me that we NEVER vacation from the gospel. If we vacation for even 1 day, Satan will work on us twice as hard. He looked at me and told me to tell him straight in the eyes that I would NEVER EVER go less-active. I looked him back straight in the eyes and told him that I would NEVER EVER go less-active. He then told me that he has a facebook account that he is required to make and he told me that his facebook account is for only returned missionaries. He told me to friend him. I told him I would.
Also he told me that when I get home, until I am released I have to wear missonary clothes and act like a missionary. So that means I cannot watch TV, use the computer, listen to the radio, and I have to have a companion until I am released. So, if there is any way to get me released sooner than 8:30, that would be great, but if not I can wait. I will just have to figure out things to do until I am released, although I am sure that y'all have things planned to do.
I would love to bring home souvenirs, but I just don't think I will have the time to go and buy some. I am hoping that I can come back to the mission before the end of this year, but if it happens it happens, if it doesn't, oh well... I am sure I will be here in Texas to see Milan and Sarah at some point.
I am so excited to see the snow! YAY! I hope y'all are ready for the snow. By the way, I do say y'all a lot, so be ready for me to say that.
Well, have fun without me for the last 2 days I am not there.  Take Care until Thursday!
-Elder Brown