Monday, October 3, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, I guess I only have about 9 days left. Isn't that crazy? I cannot believe that I will be seeing y'all in a few days. I am so excited and happy to be able to see you. I have missed being around you. I look forward to the Salt Lake City International Airport where I can see all of you again.
 
Well, a little update on what is happening around here. It is warming up again! NOOO! It is supposed to get into the upper 80's, which sucks, but I will be coming home to cold Utah soon. Elder Reaveley and I have been teaching some new investigators. We have a new investigator which was a referral from the Lake Cities 1st Ward Elders. He is a little A.D.D., but he has a friend which was just baptized in their Ward and he lives in our Ward. He really wants to come to church and get familiar with it. Hopefully he will agree to being baptized so I can leave this area with a baptism. His name is John. We also found a new lady named Danielle. She is extremely interested in the Book of Mormon because she told us that she has always grown up being told that the book was from the devil. We explained to her what it is and what is would do in her life if she would read it and pray about it. She was very interested after our little conversation and now she is currently reading it. It should be a good lady to teach. We have had some good new people coming out of the woodwork. Some of those 14 new investigators we found last week we have had to drop due to lack of answering the door or not being home or being told that they were no longer interested. Oh well, you press forward.
 
I would like to answer some of your questions/tell you some things before I come home, so here I go.
 
Yes I did receive the package you sent me with the Corn Nuts. I was very happy you sent it to me. At first I thought that was for Elder Reaveley since he had a huge envelope in his hands, then he gave it to me. I was like "I don't remember asking for something." Then I opened it and was like "Oh, I love my family. They are so good to me." So, yes thank you so much.
 
As for the e-mail next week, I will not guarantee it. I will do my best to send you one, if not, just remember I was talking with President Sagers. Just go ahead and send me a e-mail next week even though I may not be able to respond to it, just in case I can e-mail. That would be great! If I don't get to e-mail next week, I will see you in 9 days!
 
With General Conference all I have to say is that it was amazing! I could not but think about everything they talked about. Elder Reaveley and I talked about it for hours on Sunday. I personally noticed quite a few things and I took some notes on each speaker. I just loved it. I now realize how important it is to listen to the chosen prophets and apostles. They are truly inspired men to help keep us on the right path. I want to listen to them over and over again. I just love it.
 
Well, I think that is all. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and yes, the snow too!
 
Until next week, or until October 13th,
 
-Elder Brown
 
P.S. I hope you heal quickly from the surgery Mom. I have been praying for your quick recovery every night in my prayers.