The Occasional Paper
By: Riley Brown, Per. 8, Term 1
I first started when I was 10. I only used Tape and Paper and other random articles I could find. I liked to build stuff. Totally random stuff, usually related to what my mood was at the time I build it. Then I decided that normal tape wasn’t good enough. So from then on was when I started building things out of duct-tape.
My first creations were marble slides. Using any color and paper, I build slides. At least over 15 were built in this period. I loved using duct-tape but the only hard part was getting it off your fingers.
Then was the stage of all out duct-tape creations. From swords made out of duct-tape and popsicle sticks. To Super thick nothing but duct-tape swords that were rock hard. Some other things were Duct-tape Spheres. We even invented a game using them, called swipe-out.
Some of the big accomplishments were duct-tape boats including dozens of small ones and a real one that two of us could actually be in. Another is my Duct-tape business that I did while in my seventh grade year. I earned a lot of money that year, however a lot went into sodas from Mr. Wardle. During that business I sold tons of items including bracelets and bags. In fact someone in this class has one I made for him.
Some of my bigger achievements are Halloween costumes. I’m making one this year and it is awesome and actually very decorative. One of those is my already mentioned duct tape boat that could fit two people in it. I have had a lot of accomplishments and achievements and as I progress through life I’m sure that there are more to come.
A big goal I have is the duct-tape prom scholarship. And I really want to win that. I own a giant duct-tape box filled with it and including other tools.
In the end there is one answer to this paper and it’s the fact that I love duct-tape.
