Hello from Lewisville Texas. I just got transferred here to the Lake Cities 2nd Ward in Lewisville and my new companion is Elder Call. Elder Call came out with Elder Young and so they are MTC buddies. Elder Call is a cool missionary. We have a car and the area I am in is a VERY rich area. The people are very rich and wealthy. It is such a change, let me tell you from Arlington to Lewisville. The people are actually pretty nice. I am very surprised at how nice they are. You would think that rich people would be mean, but not here for some reason
Well, I got here and ate dinner at the Poulter's home last night. The mom looked at me and said "Elder Brown, it looks like you need a hair cut". I said "yes, I probably do", and next thing I know she is cutting my hair! WOW! I was not expecting that. The members are really nice and fun. I can't wait to continue to serve here in this ward. The members are nice, the people in the area are nice. Although, I have heard that the Denton Bible Church teaches Anti-Mormon stuff every Sunday. So that should be fun to run into one of them.
Well, I am glad to hear from y'all back home. I am so happy that Erika is the President of the Laurel’s now. That is way cool. She will love it. I know that when I was president of the quorum's I was in, I learned a lot about being a leader. You have to be a leader every day out in the field. President would like baptisms and we have to be willing to do what is necessary to get it done. It is very hard sometimes to be a missionary, but you just have to endure and work hard. Plus, I am ALWAYS tired. I may sleep quite a bit when I get home in Oct of 2011.
Well, now onto Missionary Work, we have a investigator that should be getting baptized in a few weeks, depending on if she is ready or not. I hope when we extend the baptismal invitation, she will say yes. We have a couple of other investigators, but they are a ways off from baptism. I hope they will say yes too.
Well, that is all for this week. I always love to read your e-mails from home and to hear from you.
Look forward to next P-Day when I can hear from you. Please send all mail to the Mission Office.
Talk to you next week and love you tons and tons!
-Elder Brown
