Saturday, March 6, 2010
Kimber's Baptism
Kimber asked Brian to baptize her today. It was at 1:00 pm at the Sandy Stake Center. We arrived at 12:30 early to give Brian plenty of time to change and be ready. We were the only ones at the church at this time and Kimber didn't show up until 5 minutes before 1 pm. While we were waiting on the couch, an older couple walked by and I thought I recognized them. As they turned around, I asked the sister, "Are you Sister Tenney?" She said "Yes," and then I told her who I was and she said, "Of course, your face looks just like your mom." Sister Tenney was my Mia Maid advisor growing up and her son's daughter was being baptized at the same time as Kimber. It was good to see them and they said that they still live in the same place. Sister Tenney was a great leader and fun to do activities with. Of course, she was one of my favorite leaders. She asked me how many kids I have and I pointed out Erika and Riley and that Cameron was on a mission in Texas. It was fun to see them and reiminse with them. The rest of Kimber's family came late, but they all made it in time for the baptism. We then had lunch with all the family at the church. It was great to be with family and spend time with them. Erika had to leave early to practice for her violin festival, so we drove separte cars. We stayed until 5 pm and then headed home. Congrats to Kimber. It was a great day.
