Well, thank you for your e-mails this past week and your letters. I received a letter from Andrew Wright, Erika, Grandma Holly and Bette this past week. I will be writing y'all back today. I know that I have been a bit lazy when it comes to writing letters back, but I will do better starting today. I know Erika wants me to write her back, and I will today.
It sounds very cold up there, but guess what, it isn't here. We had a crazy snow storm the first day of spring. Then it warmed up to 70 the next day. That was very wrong. We also had a crazy Lightning storm last night. The rain came down and came down. Good thing it came down last night while we were in teaching a lesson. Well, Michalynn is getting baptized this Saturday. We will be giving her a tour of the font and how the ordinance is to be performed Friday afternoon. I am so excited for her. We have taught her everything she needs to know and she is keeping all of the commitments and more that we left her. She is so ready to be baptized. I am so excited to be a witness of it. Well, an update about Cody Harper who was in the ICU that I told y'all to pray for last week. Well, he passed away Friday morning. As far as I know, he committed suicide. It was so sad to hear about his death, but there is only so much that we can do. He was baptized last November and he and his wife would have celebrated their 1st anniversary this week, but now he is gone. He was only 20 from what I understand. A young life, cut short.
Well, I am so excited for General Conference coming up. Oh, I wanted to tell you that our church building has a marquee out in front. We put up some words that relate to the fact that all visitors are welcome and invited. Well, I will be watching conference at the exact same time that you will be. I am so excited.
Well, nothing else is new in missionary work. I am also weirded out that I will be 20 in about 10 days. That is just wrong. I cannot believe that.
I hear that dad is really close to Nathan in Los Angeles. That is very cool. I hear the weather is very nice. Actually I was just thinking, Dad is going to miss Riley's and my Birthday, but y'all are going to miss mine because I am doing the lord's work. :)
Well, that is all I have for this week. Thank you so much for the pictures of Nathan. I know I need to send you some pictures, I just haven't had a minute to send some to you. I will work on it and you will have some soon. Thank y'all for all your support and help. I know that it isn't very easy to be away for so long, but I think that it builds character in realizing how much the people you love really mean to you when you can no longer just call them or text them anymore. I look forward to the upcoming week and continue to pray for your safety and protection.
I love y'all so much.
-Elder Brown
