Thursday, March 11, 2010

Elder Brown update

Well, due to the amount of time that I have to e-mail you, I will be keeping this e-mail fairly short. My new companion Elder Call is from Star Valley, Wyoming. He has been out about a little over 16 months and me and him are doing well in the area that I am serving in. In fact, we even set a baptismal date with this Catholic Lady named Michalynn and she is really excited. We are praying and hoping she goes through with it. I actually was present when the baptismal date was set. My last 2 baptisms, I didn't set myself, I just got to help. Now, I get to do the whole thing! It is so awesome. This area is actually pretty hard, we tracted into a couple who "Bible Bashed" with us hard core. They were not willing to listen to our message. They even DENIED THE SPIRIT! I was like, "We need to get out of here". It was so horable to think that they would do that, but they did. Well, even though that experience happened, we still have that baptism for Michalynn coming up, which makes me very happy.

Well, yesterday I had the opportunity of going to the Dallas Texas Temple for a Session with President and his wife. It was so cool. The whole room was completely full. No available seats. It was very awesome. In order for us to go to the temple President had to get permission from an Apostle for us to leave and go, and we got permission. I was so happy. I had a really good time. I was able to put a bunch of names in the prayer list, and they were all my investigators and our baptismal date, and all of you. I especially put in Grandma Bette, because of her arm, and Aunt Kristi, which I am so happy for her to continue to move forward. That makes me so happy!
I have not received ANY letters from anyone, but Elder Call informs me that the Mission Office usually takes a couple of weeks to get my new address sorted out and start forwarding my mail to the right address. I hope you have not been sending any mail to my OLD address in Arlington, that would not be good.
Well, it is getting warmer and warmer each day, I already feel the Humidity getting to me and it's not even summer. I will melt like a Popsicle!
I have not ridden my Bike much since I bought it. It still looks unused. I am in a car and don't need it hardly at all.
My Sacrament Talk went well, and the ward really liked it. They said I got a little unsure in the middle of it, but at the beginning and end I was fine.
I have received NO Mail, so nothing there. I will e-mail you next week if I get them.
I am so happy to hear from y'all.
Love you tons and tons!
-Elder Brown