"This will be great! I love being in contact with the Moms of "my ward missionaries". I get a real kick out of sharing things with moms as they happen - just to keep you "in the loop" somewhat.
So, your son loves Salsa dancing or the hot sauce? LOL!!
Your son's companion is Elder Walgamott. He has been out for over a year and is an excellent missionary. I'll get a picture of the two of them together so that you can put a visual on him.
Here's a little bit about where he'll be serving. He'll actually be serving in Mansfield 1st and 2nd. Mansfield 1st meets from 9-12 and 2nd Ward meets from 1-4. He and his companion are living with Brother and Sister Feil. The missionaries just moved in with the Feil's about 6 months ago. Prior to that, they were living in an apartment, but I guess the church is trying to save money (aren't we all!) and seeing if this will work out. The Feils have a beautiful home in a subdivision called "The Arbors". If you go to google earth, you can actually see the house. Their address is 2512 Woodbridge Trail, Mansfield, Texas 76063. The Elders live two streets over from me.
Brother Wayne Feil is a very popular dentist in Arlington (about 20 minutes away). His wife, Kathy doesn't work outside the home. They are both in their 60's, have children who are grown and gone - but still live close, so they enjoy frequent visits from grandchildren. Brother Feil is the Ward Mission Leader.
Here's a little bit about me. My husband (Michael) and I are Ward Missionaries. He is also the Stake Choir Director and I am also in charge of the Ward Bulletin. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed in my calling since I was just released from YW! Needless to say, to go from such a wonderful, active calling -to working with a piece of paper- has been a bit of a let down! However, when we were called to be Ward Missionaries, my life got a bit busier! I am affectionately called the Missionary Cheerleader in our Ward! Michael is a land surveyor and I (currently) am not working outside the home. We have 3 children: Heather is 22 and a junior at BYU, Sean has been out on his Mission for a year and two weeks (but who's counting!!) and is serving in the Denver Colorado South Mission. My youngest is Ryan - a sophomore in High School. If you're interested, I am on Face Book under the name of Cyndi Evans. There are several on there, but I'm the one in the family shot. Kathy Feil is also on FB. She is the only one in her photo and it was taken when she was in Fiji on vacation! (would be nice)
I wanted to recommend that you get on the MM site for Utah, so that you can help the missionaries where you live. It's a lot of fun to help your local missionaries and helps you feel closer to Your Favorite Missionary (YFM) while he is out. My hope is that I can do whatever I can to help you and your son have a wonderful Mission experience. I have to admit that I do it for selfish reasons since I hope that someone is doing the same thing for Sean in Colorado!
Here's a few more questions: when is his birthday and does he have any food allergies?
I'm looking forward to getting to know you and YFM a whole lot better!"
Cyndi
