Monday, September 13, 2010

Elder Brown update (now on Mondays)

Hello again, even though I just e-mailed you last Thursday. It is going to be getting some used to having P-Day's on Monday's now. I know how you feel. I actually don't like the change much because when it was on Thursday, it cut our week up a little bit. It was nice. Now it is going to be different. I hope I survive the first week of the change.
Well, my companion and I drove out to Dallas about 2 hours ago and I talked to a LDS Family Services person who said that he has dealt with a lot of missionaries before. We talked for about 30-40 minutes and then he told me that he thinks I have anxiety/depression disorder or something like that and told me that I may need some drugs to help me. I will likely be seeing a doctor soon about that and possibly starting some medication to help me with that. He told me to just give it a try and see if it helps any. If it does, great, if not, then we will try something else. I have been going through depression my whole mission, I just haven't told you about it because I didn't want you to think that I am a bad person and I don't want to do the Lords work. I am grateful for all that I've learned from being a missionary and I hope that this medication helps. He also told me that I've been dealing with depression for a long time, It just hasn't come out of me until I became a missionary. Now it is coming out because I am very outside my comfort zone. It isn't easy to go out in the 100 degree temperatures and knock on doors. Its not easy to tell people what you know will bless their lives because of what it has done to your life. Believe me when I say it is a lot more difficult to teach people here in Texas who are so set in their beliefs and ways. It is not easy to be a missionary, but I am grateful for all your support and help.
Well, other than that, I am so happy that Erika had a great B-Day party. I can't believe that she is now 18 too. I can't believe that I'm 20. I don't want to be 20 yet. Oh well...
Anyways, that is all for this week. Hopefully y'all will have a awesome and good week this upcoming week. Talk to you next Monday!

-Elder Brown