Monday, January 10, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, first off, we got SNOW yesterday during Church. Crazy huh? I was so surprised to see it, but excited as well. I haven't seen snow in 11 months! WOW! I didn't get any pictures because it just melted right away, couldn't get a picture fast enough. Oh well... it is very cold now though. I like it, I would much rather have it cold, than 110 any day. The hot is not fun, especially in church clothes all the time. Yes I did get your package. I was so surprised to see the flamin' hot stuff, but I have eaten it all gone, except a couple left. That was the so nice to get some flamin' hot food. My mouth...IT BURNS! Just kidding. He he Anyways, to answer your questions about who does the baptizing, the investigator gets to choose who baptizes them. Usually they chose my companion. Apparently my priesthood isn't good enough for them. Just kidding. Yeah, it's their choice. They can also choose anyone from the ward/branch to do it as well, but most of the time they usually pick the missionary they have known the longest. I am so happy to hear that Grandma Bette is doing okay. That is some great news! Also, thank Grandma Bette and Aunt Christi for the presents in advance for me. Well, what is going on in missionary work in the Hillsboro area? Well...we have a investigator named Stan Ables. His wife is a Less-active member who really wants to come back to church. He is investigating and has lots of questions about Joesph Smith and the validity of the Book of Mormon vs the Bible. He asks a lot of questions because he really wants us to I guess in a sense "Prove" it to him. We try to answer his questions, but really we told him it comes down to his personal involvement in reading and praying about Joesph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He is really wanting to know now because he is facing a lot of life changing choices in the coming weeks. We want to commit him to be baptized here this upcoming week. Hopefully he will accept. We also have a couple of 8 year old kids who's Grandma is a member, but the parents are not. They have been coming to church since they were born and they both want to be baptized. The parents have agreed to let them be baptized on the condition that they take all the missionary lessons and explain to them why they want to be baptized. I hope all goes well with these two 8 year old kids. They really do want to be baptized. Well, there are a couple of other investigators we have, but they are not progressing. We are working with them. Well, I am excited for everything. I cannot believe that Nathan comes home the 22nd of February. That is crazy. I want to write another letter to him before he goes home. Well, thanks for everything and keep praying for me. I hope I can make it through another summer. It is going to be the hardest thing for me to do. I just know it. Also, this week we have interviews with President Sagers on Friday starting at 2 pm. Just to let you know. I am also attaching the Band of Brothers again. Enjoy! Thanks for everything you do.

-Elder Brown

P.S. It really is cold, tell Grandma Holly and Gary to not expect nice weather. It is cold and snowy today too here in Hillsboro.