Monday, January 17, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, first of all, it has been cold the past few days with no sunshine. Elder Roberts and I haven't been out tracting as much because it is just pointless. No one opens the door when it is cold and wet. So we try to visit people and teach them. Oh by the way, some AWESOME NEWS! Guess what?!? Our mission president has told us to go to the Library other than P-Day and get on the computers and use mormon.org and learn it so we can teach members how to use it. The Prophet has told all the missionaries to get the members to make a profile on mormon.org. So, I have a challenge for all of you back home. Please get on Mormon.org and fill out a profile about your faith and your background and whatnot. When you create it, I will be able to use it to let people here see it. It is a great missionary tool. It is so cool to be able to play around mormon.org during the least productive times of the day. Elder Roberts and I have decided that Tuesday and Friday mornings from 11-12 are the worst times of the day to be doing stuff, so we go to the Library and use mormon.org. Cool Huh? So please, everyone back home, make a profile. That is my challenge to you!
Well, in other news, the Ables have fallen apart. Bro Ables is investigating and he has decided that he still isn't sure about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and he really wants to start going to the Baptist church. Sis Ables however, doesn't want to, so they are a very divided right now. We as the missionaries haven't done anything but teach them, and now he is just feeling too much pressure to join the church from his wife, and I think he thinks us as well, but we haven't pressured him to do anything. Just to read and pray. Oh well, we are going back this week. Hopefully everything turns out okay. Bro Ables is a really nice guy, just having a hard time accepting that we are the "Only True Church" on the earth. We will continue to work with them. Also, our other investigator, Ricardo, we found out last night that he has been smoking, and he never told us, so now we have more stuff to do to get him ready for baptism. Ugh... Oh well, in God's own time, he will get baptized. Next transfer day is February 2nd. We will get our transfer calls the Saturday before. That is in 2 weeks, I think. I can't remember.
Anyways, hope the learning the Cha Cha is going great and I will talk to you next week!  Thanks for all your support and Thanks for everything!

-Elder Brown