Well, this week we had some VERY COLD air come into Texas. It got down to 10 degrees overnight when that storm came through. The state of Texas has some sort of save energy type of thing when it gets that cold. We had rolling blackouts which means that they turn of the electricity in areas of Texas for about 30 minutes. Then they turn it back on and do the next area. They did that 3 times to us. I started freaking out the first time it went off because I was like, oh no, get the blankets, but it turned on 30 minutes later. It was interesting experience. I guess it is a way to tell people to turn off things that they aren't using so people can heat their homes. It was fun, but very cold. I was wishing I had my cold weather stuff, but now it is 55 outside, don't need it anymore... hehe
Well, Elder Clinger is from Yucca Valley, California. He is 1 of 6 kids and he does NOT like the cold. He likes the warm! I would too if I were from Southern California. He has been out 1 year next week. He is my District Leader. We have been struggling to keep investigators. We had to drop a few more this week because they were completely avoiding us. With the Ables, we did bring members over to fellowship them, but that Anti-mormon stuff is BAD! Don't read it! I have seen the consequences from reading it.
Also, President Sagers got rid of Transfer meetings because of some circumstances that I cannot say, but we will not longer be going to transfer meetings. We will just go straight to our new area.
I think time has stopped for me. The days seem like FOREVER! I just want this all to be over, I know that you want me to finish and I hope that I can make it. Things are changing here in the mission. I don't really like the changes very much, but I am dealing with it. Hope all is going well at home.
-Elder Brown
