Monday, February 28, 2011

Elder Brown update

Well, here I am again, and I have quite a few stories to tell this week in my e-mail.  Last night, we went to bed at 10:30 and I woke up at 11:30 to hear what sounded like someone taking a hammer to the window. I looked out the window and it was raining SO HARD! I hurried to the sliding glass door we have and I opened the blinds and looked outside only to see nothing! It looked like the rain was twisting in a circle around our apartment. I immediately got scared and kneeled down and said a quick prayer and I just asked Heavenly Father to protect us this night. I thought for sure the Tornado siren was going to go off, so I just thought "I will go back to bed, and if the siren goes off, I'm headed straight for the bathroom!" It never did, and I am so happy that Heavenly Father protected us. I talked with some of the members this morning and they said that Tornadoes touched down near their home, but it never hit Hillsboro. Whew...
We also went out to Clifton this past week to do some work, and when we get there, we park the car in a residential community and the first door we were going to knock on, the guy cussed us out. I don't like Clifton anymore, but that's okay, I'm sure it just was that one guy. I'm still alive, right?
Well, as for zone conference, it was awesome! We got some really good trainings and lots of insight into Preach my Gospel and how to teach better as missionaries. I love President Sagers. He knows what he is doing and what he is teaching.  We set 2 baptismal dates with two 8 year old kids this week for March 20th. They are both excited. The reason why they are considered convert baptisms at 8 for these two kids is because neither of their parents are members, but their grandma is a active member and she is bringing them to church. Preach my Gospel says that they are considered convert baptisms if they are 9 or older, or if the child is 8 and neither of their parents are members and neither of their parents are getting baptized on the same day as the 8 year old. That is what defines a convert baptism.  We are working with some other investigators, not completely progressing investigators, but still interesting in learning more about the gospel.  I am sending the picture of my shoes. Yes, they are tearing apart, so I need them A.S.A.P. Thanks!

As for my B-Day, I don't know what else I want. I just wanted some new shoes and a new Wallet. I guess some eat out cards to Wendy's, or Subway, or whatever would be nice, because we don't get to eat out very often due to the little money we have.  Thanks for everything that you do for me. I know if I chose to come home, you wouldn't throw me out of the house or anything, but I know you would support me in my decision to stay or come home whatever it may be. Thanks for everything!
I love you so much!


-Elder Brown