Thursday, April 1, 2010

Elder Brown update

Thank you so much for everything you sent me and have done for me. It's really cool, the mail in our apartment complex is right next to the postal center's, so the mail usually comes before 10 a.m. everyday. It is so nice.
We do our wash in another missionary’s apartment on P-Day. We put a load in, go do P-Day activity, then go change it, then do our e-mail and shop, then spend the rest of the day finishing it. It is different to not have a washer and dryer in the apartment complex to do laundry. We also do not have a weight room like we did in my last apartment, so it's pretty basic.
Well, I am so excited for Michalynn's baptism that took place last weekend. It was so cool to see her change and to witness it for myself. I am so happy that the work is moving forward. I didn't get to participate at all in the baptismal services, but just to be there was very cool and exciting.
I am also excited for General Conference coming up. I will be watching it at the church for the first 3 sessions including Priesthood. I will be watching the last one at Bishop's house. I can't wait. I'm hoping that we have some investigators that are willing to commit to come and watch with us. That will be a neat experience.
I also want to thank you for celebrating my birthday at grandma's house. It makes me feel good that you would do that even though I am not there. I love y'all so much and thank you for everything that you have done for me. I am so happy to be a missionary and to serve here in Texas. I want to continue to teach and get those "lost sheep" into the fold of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the lord is truly blessing all of us for my service and your help in the missionary work as well. Keep up the good work.
Weeks are starting to fly by now. It seems like just yesterday I e-mail you. My mission is starting to pick up in speed and next thing you know it will be next week. Next week is the last full week of the transfer. April 14, 2010 is transfer day. I don't know if I will be leaving or not. I will find out on the April 10, which I think is a Saturday. I will let you on the 15th of April if I stayed or left and who my new companion is. I actually got to spend the day with another missionary. His name is Elder Ingalls. It was fun. We are required to do a 24 hour missionary exchange with everyone in our district, every transfer. Also, if you are a district leader, you have to go on a 24 hour exchange with the zone leaders once a transfer. It is fun to be with another missionary and see how they do missionary work for a day.
Well, need to wrap up this week's e-mail. I love y'all so much and thank you again for your support and help. Look forward to next week.
Love ya’ll tons and tons!

-Elder Brown