Well, another week has gone by and I am here again writing an e-mail to you. I am so happy for all the success that Elder Hatch and I are having, although with the Summer coming up, I am dreading the days more and more. It is going to be HOT!
I know that y'all are looking forward to talking to me on Mother's Day, and I will be looking forward to talking to you as well.
Riley braces?!? WOW! I will come home and he will be in braces, that is if he will have them on for 2 yrs. That is so weird, but very cool that he is going to get his teeth straightened out. Tell him to remember that he has to BRUSH and FLOSS everyday. I didn't and had some problems later with my gums, so tell him that.
Well, as for missionary work, the work is moving forward. We are hoping that 3 more of our investigators get baptized. They are all around 9-12, I think. They are young, but the parents have given us permission to baptize them and they want to be baptized. It is very cool to see and experience the change that they want to make to bring them closer to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This area is a bit harder for me, because there are more baptist people and they like to bash, but I try to get out A.S.A.P. because it isn't worth my time, their time, or the Lord's time for me to try to convince them, because it doesn't work. It just makes them angry, me angry and the only thing that can convert is the Spirit. Not me.
Oh, one more thing, Grandma Bette sent me a letter and Grandpa says that he is very jealous of me living right next to the jets. Well, it is very cool, but also tell him that I am starting to get annoyed with them, because when I am out teaching, they fly over and I can't hear the person I am talking to or them me. It can get annoying at the same time, but it is still very cool. The air show was last weekend and I got to watch it and teach the gospel at the same time. It was a interesting, yet fun experience.
Love ya tons and tons, and look forward to talking to you this Sunday!
-Elder Brown
