Saturday, May 8, 2010

The next doll cake

Since I will be doing a wedding doll cake in June, I thought that I had better practice my skills and make a bigger doll cake.  My friend, Nancy, her birthday was on Sunday, so I made this one for her, but she couldn't give me a direct answer as to her favorite color, so I picked for her.  I finished it after the Ward Picnic and took it to her at 9:30 pm.  Her birthday is tomorrow, so I wanted her to have it before she left to her parents house for dinner and the missionary phone call.  It actually turned out really good, even though I over filled the cake pan and it over flowed in the oven, but it still worked out.  The wedding doll cake I am doing for a co-worker and she has bought a real barbie to put in it, not a pick.  I have to make the cake taller to make the barbie fit in the middle. It seemed to work, but I have not idea what I am going to do for the wedding dress.  I am also making 4 mini doll cakes for the bridesmaids, so the week after school is out will be all about the cakes, even thought I should be getting ready for girls camp that week.  What was I thinking when she asked me to do the cake?  I told the co-worker today, that she better not tell anyone I did it, because I don't want to do another one for someone else.  It is just to time consuming and I am not a professional, I just do it for a hobbie and fun.  I found a picture of doll cake in a magazine that had the wedding doll and bridesmaids on pedastals, so I am thinking that is what I am going to do to display the cakes.  It should be very interesting and I hope it turns out okay and she likes it for her wedding.