Hello from Hillsboro Texas. Well, all I can say is there is NOTHING OUT HERE! I am in a small town of about I think 5-10,000 people. It is so small. I am not used to it. I am definitely in the country let me tell you. We cover almost 8 small towns in Texas. It is really hard to do missionary work out here because there just aren't very many people to talk to. Elder Roberts and I are doing our best to do lots of member missionary work. It is the ONLY effective thing we can do out here in Hillsboro. Our District and Zone Leaders live in Waco. It is a 45-1 Hr drive to Waco from here. I am in the middle of nowhere. Our area is also the 5th largest area in the mission. It is HUGE!
Elder Roberts has only been out 6 months. He is a Spanish Missionary and I am definitely learning some Spanish. We teach a lot of Spanish investigators. We even have 1 baptismal date with 1 of them.
Well, a couple of things. We are in a Branch. There aren't very many active members. All of the members that are active are OLD. Old people branch. Oh well...what can I say.
Elder Roberts is from Idaho Falls Idaho. I already told you how long he has been out in the mission field. He does speak good English. Is is learning Spanish, as well am I apparently. Yes, we are in a apartment again. The mission president is making a BIG push to put as many missionaries as possible into members homes though. I don't know how well it is going. The weather is finally nice. It is in the low 60's. I love it! I hate it when it is hot! We finally had to turn the heater on yesterday. It is finally cold enough to do that. I bet y'all are like, please send some of that warmth this way. Well, come down here, ha ha.
Anyways, I that is all I have for this e-mail. I hope to get some letters coming in from all of you this week. Have a wonderful week!
-Elder Brown
P.S. We have some crazy members in our Branch.
