Monday, November 22, 2010

Elder Brown update

Well, here I am another Monday. Wow, I think that time is starting to move faster, although it still doesn't seem like it some days. Some days it seems like the day will never end.
I cannot believe that it snowed! I want to see some snow so bad. It has been quite a while since I have seen some. Some people in the Branch has told us that it may get really cold by the end of this week. It might be cold enough to snow, but I doubt it. It is still to warm to snow. It is in the 70's today. I bet y'all would like to be down here right about now. Hehe...
No, I don't remember any of my Spanish from High School. I know Si, Hola, Taco Burrito Grande, Adios, and El Libro De Mormon. That's about it. Oh, you can't forget La Biblia. The most famous book in the south. Let me tell you there are so many churches. Holy crap!
We cover a bunch of little towns. Let me name all the towns I can remember, here I go: Hillsboro, Clifton, Meridian, Hubbard, Malone, Penelope, Covington, Laguna Park, Whitney, Itasca, and there are a couple more, I just can't remember them right now. Allot of towns huh? So we live in Hillsboro, and our Branch Mission Leader live in Clifton which is a 45 minute drive to his house. That's about 35-40 miles. We drive a ton out here. We drive everywhere. Also, since the transfer before me to now, we have tracted, meaning knocked every door in Hillsboro. Can you believe that? We have knocked all of Hillsboro. That's crazy!
Well, an Part Member/Less Active family has decided to feed us Thanksgiving dinner. They are a cool family. The father is not a member of the church. The main reason why he is not a member is because one of his great grandparents was in the Mountain Meadows Massacre. He doesn't like the church very much, but supports what we are doing. Hopefully he will start liking us enough to want to join someday.
Yesterday I got to meet an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. Elder Christofferson is amazing. I really like him. He instructed us and gave some great advice. I loved it. I got to shake his hand too. It was very cool. I will probably never get that experience again in my life. It was so cool. I also saw Elder Walgamott there and he told me that some people we were teaching together in Mansfield got baptized since I left. I was so happy. Also some people that I was teaching in Chapel Creek got baptized as well. I was happy that they got baptized, but sad that I wasn't there. Oh well, what can you do.
  
Well, I think that is all for this week! I hope that y'all have a good Thanksgiving and be safe in your travels!
-Elder Brown